The NS Senior Pet Project
There is nothing wrong
with wanting an easy life! senior pets already are as big
and as beautiful as they are going to get .... so it is easy to tell if
you are going to be kindred spirits!
Senior Pets still have so much to offer, but ....
If its tough to be a homeless
pet, its a really rough road for a homeless senior pet.
All too often, they are passed
over by adopters .... some who worry about the potential vet bills ...
some don't believe that they 'can teach an old dog new tricks' ... while
others are reluctant to give their hearts to a pet who may not have
fifteen years of love left to offer.
Yet one kind heart at a time, people are beginning to discover
the special joys and rewards of adopting a Senior Pet:
- Active families who do not have time for
housetraining, obedience classes and socialization are still able to
have the companionship of a pet,
- Parents are discovering that senior pets
are often more patient and trustworthy with younger children,
- People who have lost their own senior pet
after years of love and devotion can find it too much of an
adjustment to bring a puppy or a kitten into their homes,
- Anyone adopting a senior pet has the
satisfaction of knowing their compassion has saved a life that was
at real risk,
- And of course ... last but definitely not
least ... senior pets like sleeping through the night every bit as
much as you do!
- Did you know that not everyone accepts
pets over eight? Or even five?
- There may be available resources to help
you keep your pet
- Did you know that Pet Insurance is
available for senior pets? That can take a bite out of vet bills!
- Pets would rather go through the stress of
moving with you than being left behind with strangers
- You CAN teach an Old Dog new tricks. Or
how to adjust to life with a new baby / boyfriend / job